Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 can black beans (or pinto, red, kidney)
- 1 bunch collard greens (or kale, spinach)
- your favorite toppings, such as salsa, avocado or guacamole and sour cream.
- In a medium saucepan, heat drained beans. Add your favorite seasonings, if desired.
- Fill a separate medium saucepan with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Wash and chop greens (you can use the stems, too) and add to boiling water.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until greens are bright green and tender. Drain off water.
- On a plate, arrange a portion of the greens, top with a portion of the beans and finish with toppings of your choice.